Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > about embed and object tag

about embed and object tag

jackchang1@gmail.com

Hi,

I want to add some SWF to a page and I don't know its real width and
height.
is there any way to attach a SWF to the page without knowing the width
and height for the SWF? we can add images without specifying their
width and height. Thanks!

jackchang1@gmail.com

On Apr 13, 4:08 pm, Randy Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) said the following on 4/13/2007 7:07 PM:
>
> > Hi,

> > I want to add some SWF to a page and I don't know its real width and
> > height.
> > is there any way to attach a SWF to the page without knowing the width
> > and height for the SWF? we can add images without specifying their
> > width and height. Thanks!

> Did you try it?
> Seems more of an HTML question than a JS question though.
> --
> Randy
> Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

I tried without specifying the width and height. The SWF is scaled (On
FF the aspect ration is kept but it is not on IE7), and I want its
original size.
Speaking of HTML, did anyone know good HTML groups? Can't find one in
Google groups.

Cheers!