Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > RE-Maximizing a window

RE-Maximizing a window

David In NH

Hi All:

I've got an application that uses a browser window to display help text for
the program. When the user presses a button, a help window appears
(maximized) in the user's default browser. This works properly when there is
no browser window open yet.

If, however, the user minimizes the window and then presses the button
again, nothing appears to happen. What I want to be able to do is to cause
the browser window to be maximized again at that point. I've got the
javascript code that makes the window initially open maximized but I want
something that will re-maximize the window when invoked again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

blaine@worldweb.com

Hey David,

Here is some really old code I have that will resize the window..
There is probably a nicer way to do it though..

w = 450;
h = 330;
if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") {
top.outerWidth=w;
top.outerHeight=h;
} else {
top.resizeTo(w,h);
}

On Apr 13, 7:44 am, "David In NH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I've got an application that uses a browser window to display help text for
> the program. When the user presses a button, a help window appears
> (maximized) in the user's default browser. This works properly when there is
> no browser window open yet.
>
> If, however, the user minimizes the window and then presses the button
> again, nothing appears to happen. What I want to be able to do is to cause
> the browser window to be maximized again at that point. I've got the
> javascript code that makes the window initially open maximized but I want
> something that will re-maximize the window when invoked again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

David In NH

This fragment of code DOES resize the window but if it was minimized, it
doesn't get restored. Any idea of how to get that to happen?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hey David,
>
> Here is some really old code I have that will resize the window..
> There is probably a nicer way to do it though..
>

> w = 450;
> h = 330;
> if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") {
> top.outerWidth=w;
> top.outerHeight=h;
> } else {
> top.resizeTo(w,h);
> }
>

> On Apr 13, 7:44 am, "David In NH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi All:
>>
>> I've got an application that uses a browser window to display help text
>> for
>> the program. When the user presses a button, a help window appears
>> (maximized) in the user's default browser. This works properly when there
>> is
>> no browser window open yet.
>>
>> If, however, the user minimizes the window and then presses the button
>> again, nothing appears to happen. What I want to be able to do is to
>> cause
>> the browser window to be maximized again at that point. I've got the
>> javascript code that makes the window initially open maximized but I want
>> something that will re-maximize the window when invoked again.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks.

blaine@worldweb.com

use the focus command..

window.focus();

On Apr 13, 8:32 am, "David In NH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> This fragment of code DOES resize the window but if it was minimized, it
> doesn't get restored. Any idea of how to get that to happen?
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > Hey David,

> > Here is some really old code I have that will resize the window..
> > There is probably a nicer way to do it though..

> > w = 450;
> > h = 330;
> > if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") {
> > top.outerWidth=w;
> > top.outerHeight=h;
> > } else {
> > top.resizeTo(w,h);
> > }

> > On Apr 13, 7:44 am, "David In NH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hi All:

> >> I've got an application that uses a browser window to display help text
> >> for
> >> the program. When the user presses a button, a help window appears
> >> (maximized) in the user's default browser. This works properly when there
> >> is
> >> no browser window open yet.

> >> If, however, the user minimizes the window and then presses the button
> >> again, nothing appears to happen. What I want to be able to do is to
> >> cause
> >> the browser window to be maximized again at that point. I've got the
> >> javascript code that makes the window initially open maximized but I want
> >> something that will re-maximize the window when invoked again.

> >> Any ideas?

> >> Thanks.

David In NH

WOW! It works! Thanks a log Blaine!

- David

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> use the focus command..
>
> window.focus();
>
> On Apr 13, 8:32 am, "David In NH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> This fragment of code DOES resize the window but if it was minimized, it
>> doesn't get restored. Any idea of how to get that to happen?
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> > Hey David,

>> > Here is some really old code I have that will resize the window..
>> > There is probably a nicer way to do it though..

>> > w = 450;
>> > h = 330;
>> > if (navigator.appName=="Netscape") {
>> > top.outerWidth=w;