Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > perform an action when we close the window using the close tab at the top of the screen

perform an action when we close the window using the close tab at the top of the screen

tapanreddy@gmail.com

I am looking to perform an action when we close the window using the
close tab at the top of the screen.
I know how to do it using a close button but I was wondering if there
is way to achieve the above.
Waiting for some suggestions
Thanks

tapanreddy@gmail.com

On Apr 9, 2:43 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am looking to perform an action when we close the window using the
> close tab at the top of the screen.
> I know how to do it using a close button but I was wondering if there
> is way to achieve the above.
> Waiting for some suggestions
> Thanks

No takers???? I would be glad if someone can guide me on the above.
Thanks again

tapanreddy@gmail.com

On Apr 9, 4:44 pm, Randy Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) said the following on 4/9/2007 3:43 PM:
>
> > I am looking to perform an action when we close the window using the
> > close tab at the top of the screen.
> > I know how to do it using a close button but I was wondering if there
> > is way to achieve the above.
> > Waiting for some suggestions

> Best suggestion you will read: Give up now. You have no way of knowing
> why I left a page, and it is not even assured that you can know I left.
>
> --
> Randy
> Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

r u sure sir? I know why I am leaving my page. But I am not sure about
the second question you put up.
Come on there has to be a way to know i closed my page!!!! other than
window.close().

tapanreddy@gmail.com

Ok thanks a bunch for your reply.
Let me be specific abt my problem
I need a link to appear on the parent window once the user has closed
the child window, this is all I need to accomplish.
Maybe you can better suggest me accomplish this task rather than being
too subjective with the original question.

Lee

>Ok thanks a bunch for your reply.
>Let me be specific abt my problem
>I need a link to appear on the parent window once the user has closed
>the child window, this is all I need to accomplish.
>Maybe you can better suggest me accomplish this task rather than being
>too subjective with the original question.

Maybe you can consider that people who choose to help you do so of
their free will, and that being a whiny jerk is not a good way to
win friends and influence people.