Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Replace commas in values in an array

Replace commas in values in an array

Adrienne Boswell

Although this is a client side issue, I am also posting to asp.general
in case there is someway to do this only server side (which I would
prefer).

Here's my form:

<form method="post" action="<%=request.servervariables("Script_name")
%>"
<% for i - 0 to 4%>
Header: <input type="text" name="header" id="header<%=i%>"
onblur="function(this)"><br>
%>" onblur="function(this)">
<% next%>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

When the data gets returned it's something like:
header: "socks, shoes, pizza, cats, dogs"
of hair, bark a lot"

Problem comes when the description or header have a comma. I need a
little javascript that will replace the comma with a semicolon client
side before it gets to
the server, preferably as they leave the field.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

--
Adrienne Boswell at work
Administrator nextBlock.com