Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Microsoft discontinues JScript support for Internet Explorer

Microsoft discontinues JScript support for Internet Explorer

VK

04.01.07 Redmond, WA

Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
solutions.

More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
transition can be found at:

P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! (

Richard Maher

Hi VK,

"VK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
>
> Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
> discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
> will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
> Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
> Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
> equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
> solutions.
>
> More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
> transition can be found at:
>

> P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! (

As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
week-ends such as this ) learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
date has played a large part in this announcement?

I suppose that at least this clears up all the (Am I running in IE exception
code

Cheers Richard Maher

PS. Anyone accessing Java Applets with VB script? Any issues?

VK

On Apr 1, 11:24 am, "Richard Maher" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> As someone who's just spent a fair bit of my spare time (including numerous
> week-ends such as this ) learning Javascript, I can only hope that the
> date has played a large part in this announcement?

Fher vg qvq. Yrg'f frr vs nal sbbyf nebhaq. Cffg...

Jeff North

On 1 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, in comp.lang.javascript "VK"
<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed). com> wrote:

>| 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
>|
>| Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
>| discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
>| will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
>| Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
>| Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
>| equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
>| solutions.
>|
>| More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
>| transition can be found at:
>| http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa155073.aspx
>|

>| P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! (

Play The Who's - Wont Get Fooled Again
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) : Remove your pants to reply

OmegaJunior

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:12:50 +0200, VK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
>
> Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
> discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
> will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
> Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
> Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
> equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
> solutions.
>
> More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
> transition can be found at:
>

> P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! (

I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

VK

On Apr 1, 3:17 pm, OmegaJunior
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

Yes, it is

To avoid a la "War of Worlds" panic of 1938 it is time for the
disclosure I guess

Richard Cornford

VK wrote:
> On Apr 1, 3:17 pm, OmegaJunior
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I do hope this is an April Fool's joke.

> Yes, it is
>
> To avoid a la "War of Worlds" panic of 1938 it is time
> for the disclosure I guess

Redundant, as you did not start off with the credibility of 1930's radio
broadcasts.

Richard.

Hardono Arifanto

Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

Regards,
Hardono Arifanto
-----------------------
http://sodeve.net

Evertjan.

Hardono Arifanto wrote on 02 apr 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Is there any good reason why they discontinue it?

[please always quote on usenet]

Who will discontinue what, Hardono?

I thought april fools day jokes where practically perpetuous.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Ivan Marsh

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:12:50 -0700, VK wrote:

> 04.01.07 Redmond, WA
>
> Today it was officially announced that Microsoft is planning to
> discontinue client-side JScript support effective 10.08.07 The engine
> will be blocked and removed on the scheduled August auto-update for
> Windows XP and Windows Vista systems. The head of Microsoft Windows
> Scripting department reminds to complete the move to VBScript
> equivalents during the April-July transition period for all affected
> solutions.
>
> More information as well as useful tips for JScript to VBScript
> transition can be found at:
>

> P.S. from poster: I'm speechless! Micro$oft must die!! (

Posted April 1st.