Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Internet Explorer waits to render problem

Internet Explorer waits to render problem

Roman

I have been trying to battle a problem for quite some time now:
The website I am working on: http://www.ipromo.com loads VERY slowly
on IE 6 and 7.

To be more precise, the pages load just as fast as they do in Firefox
or Opera - but they wait until the last image is loaded before
rendering. This is obviously a major problem because users sit there
for anywhere from 3-15 seconds staring at a white screen instead of a
web page that's mostly loaded.

However: if I disable javascript in my IE, the page start rendering
immediately and the images fill out as they load.
I have no idea what in my javascript is making IE misbehave so
violently - any advice would be appreciated.

Roman

Thanks for your attention
It looks like I've traced it down to csshover.htc - which seems
necessary for the menu on the left.

If anybody knows a fix that will not involve a completely rewrite of
the menu, it would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Roman

On Mar 30, 12:10 pm, "Roman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks for your attention
> It looks like I've traced it down to csshover.htc - which seems
> necessary for the menu on the left.
>
> If anybody knows a fix that will not involve a completely rewrite of
> the menu, it would be very appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Roman
>
> On Mar 30, 11:03 am, "Roman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > I have been trying to battle a problem for quite some time now:
> > The website I am working on:http://www.ipromo.comloadsVERY slowly
> > on IE 6 and 7.

> > To be more precise, the pages load just as fast as they do in Firefox
> > or Opera - but they wait until the last image is loaded before
> > rendering. This is obviously a major problem because users sit there
> > for anywhere from 3-15 seconds staring at a white screen instead of a
> > web page that's mostly loaded.

> > However: if I disable javascript in my IE, the page start rendering
> > immediately and the images fill out as they load.
> > I have no idea what in my javascript is making IE misbehave so
> > violently - any advice would be appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Problem is now fixed - sorry to bother you all. Used the method
described in http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/ to get IE
to work with the menu.