Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Permission Denied Error

Permission Denied Error

Angel

I am using coolmenus 4, frames version by DHTMLcentral.com. When I
click on any of the submenus, I get an "Permission Denied" error.
There after the menus stop working. The cursor on the menu changes to
input text kind rather than the normal hand pointer that appears when
you mouse over a link.

If any of you guys have used Coolmenus please help out.

Alteranately, if there are any versions of dropdown menus for frames
please let me know.

Regards
Angel

khusboo.shinghal@gmail.com

On Mar 29, 10:39 pm, Randy Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Angel said the following on 3/29/2007 3:10 AM:
>
> > I am using coolmenus 4, frames version by DHTMLcentral.com. When I
> > click on any of the submenus, I get an "Permission Denied" error.

> Probably because the two documents in two different frames (or the
> frameset itself) are from different domains and you are running into the
> Same Origin Policy.
>
> --
> Randy
> Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

No they are from same domain - actually the problem does not appear
for Windows 2000 server user
and appears for Windows XP user (both uses IE - 6)

Do you think it can be a OS related problem ??

-Lost

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Mar 29, 10:39 pm, Randy Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Angel said the following on 3/29/2007 3:10 AM:
>>
>> > I am using coolmenus 4, frames version by DHTMLcentral.com. When I
>> > click on any of the submenus, I get an "Permission Denied" error.

>> Probably because the two documents in two different frames (or the
>> frameset itself) are from different domains and you are running into the
>> Same Origin Policy.

> No they are from same domain - actually the problem does not appear
> for Windows 2000 server user
> and appears for Windows XP user (both uses IE - 6)
>
> Do you think it can be a OS related problem ??

Only loosely. If for example you take into account that possibly (POSSIBLY) Internet
Explorer 6 code differs from OS 2K, to OS XP.

I bet that it is indeed a cross-domain request causing the problem. Regardless of the OS.

Do you have a URL with which we might convene?

-Lost

Richard Cornford

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 29, 10:39 pm, Randy Webb wrote:
>> Angel said the following on 3/29/2007 3:10 AM:
>>
>>> I am using coolmenus 4, frames version by DHTMLcentral.com. When I
>>> click on any of the submenus, I get an "Permission Denied" error.

>> Probably because the two documents in two different frames (or the
>> frameset itself) are from different domains and you are running
>> into the Same Origin Policy.

<snip signature, which should never have been quoted in the first place>

> No they are from same domain - actually the problem does not appear
> for Windows 2000 server user
> and appears for Windows XP user (both uses IE - 6)
>
> Do you think it can be a OS related problem ??

Windows XP appears to be much stricter in its tolerance of interactions
with the contents of a DOM that has been 'freed'. If your code stores a
reference to a DOM node from a document and then that document is
unloaded, any attempt to interact with the DOM node through its stored
reference will produce a 'permission denied' error. This was not the
case with previous NT based Windows operating systems.

Richard.

khusboo.shinghal@gmail.com

On Apr 1, 5:31 am, "Richard Cornford" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Probably because the two documents in two different frames (or the
> >> frameset itself) are from different domains and you are running
> >> into the Same Origin Policy.

> <snip signature, which should never have been quoted in the first place>
>
> > No they are from same domain - actually the problem does not appear
> > for Windows 2000 server user
> > and appears for Windows XP user (both uses IE - 6)

> > Do you think it can be a OS related problem ??

> Windows XP appears to be much stricter in its tolerance of interactions
> with the contents of a DOM that has been 'freed'. If your code stores a
> reference to a DOM node from a document and then that document is
> unloaded, any attempt to interact with the DOM node through its stored
> reference will produce a 'permission denied' error. This was not the
> case with previous NT based Windows operating systems.
>
> Richard.

yes this may be the problem.

mhtnsavant@yahoo.com

On Mar 31, 8:31 pm, "Richard Cornford" <Rich...demon.co.uk> wrote:

snip

> > No they are from same domain - actually the problem does not appear
> > for Windows 2000 server user
> > and appears for Windows XP user (both uses IE - 6)

> > Do you think it can be a OS related problem ??

> Windows XP appears to be much stricter in its tolerance of interactions
> with the contents of a DOM that has been 'freed'. If your code stores a
> reference to a DOM node from a document and then that document is
> unloaded, any attempt to interact with the DOM node through its stored
> reference will produce a 'permissiondenied' error. This was not the
> case with previous NT based Windows operating systems.
>
> Richard.

I seem to be having the same problem and have searched everywhere for
a solution without any success. This thread is the closest thing I've
been able to find so I'm posting here.

I have a page with frames where everything is from the same domain.
Often I need to reload the same pages into the same window frames with
different PHP variables that change the data coming from mySQL. In IE
6 for Windows XP I get a 'permission denied' error and the line where
it stops is in a JavaScript file that has document.writeln(). This is
a for a plugin calendar div/popup and it's doing the
document.writeln()'s to add style elements to the page, as well as
later on when the popup is created. There is no problem when I'm
coming from another page only when I'm reloading the same page.

Normally, I have a Main.php which is a FrameSet with 'upper' and
'lower' frames. One debugging workaround I tried was to load the
'upper' and 'lower' frames separately with form.submit()'s and it
works with no errors - however I can't consider this a solution as it
won't work for all circumstances. I need to reload Main.php even when
the frames are loading the same pages.

How can I make sure "the contents of a DOM that has been 'freed'." are
actually freed ???

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Fred