Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Arrow keys and onkeypress

Arrow keys and onkeypress

pazabo

Hi,

Does anybody know why doesn't onkeypress catch up/down arrow keys
while it catches left/right arrows? My only supposition is that up/
down keys are used for moving between form elements, anyway does
anybody know any solution to this problem?

Thanks,
Pazabo

Evertjan.

pazabo wrote on 25 mrt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Does anybody know why doesn't onkeypress catch up/down arrow keys
> while it catches left/right arrows?

The why is impossible to answr since, in IE7 at least,
not one of the arrow keys returns anything:

Try IE:

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.