Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > modifying pull-down menus

modifying pull-down menus

drblitzkrieg@gmail.com

Hi, I have a page with 2 drop-down menus. The task is, when you select
1 menu, your selection then changes the options available in the
other. This data happens to be drawn from a mysql database, so I
wouldn't think that it could be done purely in Javascript, but rather
a combination of PHP generating some JS code. Thing is, I don't even
see how to change a menu's available options with JavaScript, only
names and values of individual fields.

Any hints and links appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Stephan

ASM

http://stephane.moriaux.perso.wanado...uc/selects.htm

> This data happens to be drawn from a mysql database, so I
> wouldn't think that it could be done purely in Javascript, but rather
> a combination of PHP generating some JS code. Thing is, I don't even
> see how to change a menu's available options with JavaScript, only
> names and values of individual fields.

or complete list of options of select(or)

--
Stephane Moriaux et son (moins) vieux Mac déj* dépassé

drblitzkrieg@gmail.com

Tre bien! That French site did the trick. You just saved me in time
for a Japanese company's deadline, my friend. Thanks!