Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Tabindex & Div

Tabindex & Div

Mad Max

Hi,

I have a div with a number of buttons in it.
I want the tab to iterate within these buttons and never leave the
div.
(Not even tp the Url or the toolbars)
Any idea on how to go about it ?

Regards
Lav G

Ivo

"Mad Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I have a div with a number of buttons in it.
> I want the tab to iterate within these buttons and never leave
> the div. (Not even tp the Url or the toolbars)
> Any idea on how to go about it ?

Focus the first button onblur of the last.
Or if you don't to mess with the button itself : have a dummy button after
the last, and redirect its focus. The dummy should be invisible to the human
user but the machine must be tricked into thinking it is there so that it
can receive focus.

<button id="b1">
<button>
<button>
<button
style="position:absolute;left:-999px"
onfocus="document.getElementById('b1').focus();"

hth
ivo
http://4umi.com/web/javascript/

NS/FF don't change div offsetWidth when div innerHTML is added toand div becomes wider mscir Javascript 3 06-26-2005 04:04 PM
Tabindex kai ASP .Net 2 01-09-2004 02:38 PM
TabIndex of DataGrids Ravikanth[MVP] ASP .Net 2 07-21-2003 04:09 PM

Advertisments