Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Checking for Memory Leaks and Garbage Collection

Checking for Memory Leaks and Garbage Collection

Tom Cole

I'm working on an Ajax library that I plan to use on several upcoming
projects. Everything seems to work just great...

Now I want to get into the finer aspects of checking things... How
much memory am I using, are my objects making themselves available for
garbage collection adequately, etc.

Are there tools you can recommend (especially for IE and Firefox) that
I can use to get this information?

Benjamin

On Mar 9, 3:44 pm, "Tom Cole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm working on an Ajax library that I plan to use on several upcoming
> projects. Everything seems to work just great...
>
> Now I want to get into the finer aspects of checking things... How
> much memory am I using, are my objects making themselves available for
> garbage collection adequately, etc.
>
> Are there tools you can recommend (especially for IE and Firefox) that
> I can use to get this information?

The addon for Firefox, Firebug, works great for this. It's at
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1843/. Good coding!