Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > navigator.mimeTypes

navigator.mimeTypes

Aaron Gray

Is 'navigator.mimeTypes' supported on Windows IE ?

navigator.mimeTypes.length is giving me 0

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Martin Honnen

Aaron Gray wrote:
> Is 'navigator.mimeTypes' supported on Windows IE ?
>
> navigator.mimeTypes.length is giving me 0

navigator.mimeTypes exists in IE but is not filled with any data
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/collections/mimetypes.asp>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Aaron Gray

"Martin Honnen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45f182e4$0$6393$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
> Aaron Gray wrote:
>> Is 'navigator.mimeTypes' supported on Windows IE ?
>>
>> navigator.mimeTypes.length is giving me 0

> navigator.mimeTypes exists in IE but is not filled with any data
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/collections/mimetypes.asp>

Great, very useful, thanks Microsoft.

Any other way to detect the Adobe SVG plugin ?

Thanks,

Aaron

-Lost

"Aaron Gray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Martin Honnen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45f182e4$0$6393$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
>> Aaron Gray wrote:
>>> Is 'navigator.mimeTypes' supported on Windows IE ?
>>>
>>> navigator.mimeTypes.length is giving me 0

>> navigator.mimeTypes exists in IE but is not filled with any data
>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/collections/mimetypes.asp>
>>

> Great, very useful, thanks Microsoft.
>
> Any other way to detect the Adobe SVG plugin ?

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/java...detection.html

-Lost