Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Activex loading/swf & menu files

Activex loading/swf & menu files

jennifer.lyell@gmail.com

Hello,

I am using Frontpage 2003 for a site design. I have 2 .swf files on
the page as well as a menu bar (with cascading menus- created with All
Web Menus Pro) that are on the page. When I preview in Firefox the
movies and menu load automatically. However, when I preview in
Internet Explorer 7 (the only IE browser I have available), it prompts
me to load the ActiveX control before it will load the movie files or
the menu. Is there any way to force Frontpage to include these files
in such a way that they will always load with IE? I'd prefer my
visitors not have to deal with the ActiveX prompt.

I really appreciate your help--

Thanks,
Jennifer

shimmyshack

On 27 Feb, 23:09, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Frontpage 2003 for a site design. I have 2 .swf files on
> the page as well as a menu bar (with cascading menus- created with All
> Web Menus Pro) that are on the page. When I preview in Firefox the
> movies and menu load automatically. However, when I preview in
> Internet Explorer 7 (the only IE browser I have available), it prompts
> me to load the ActiveX control before it will load the movie files or
> the menu. Is there any way to force Frontpage to include these files
> in such a way that they will always load with IE? I'd prefer my
> visitors not have to deal with the ActiveX prompt.
>
> I really appreciate your help--
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, loading the flash with a javascript call gets round the
license restriction that's at the heart of this problem: see this site
for a script that does this and that explains the problem nicely
http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/ufo/