Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Blocking a PostBack

Blocking a PostBack

Greg Smith

I am developing a form that uses a lot of Web Form controls (not HTML). I
disable certain controls in sequence, but as I click on other buttons on the
form the disabled controls get reset to their original state, enabled, and I
have to turn them off again.

Is there a way to keep this from happening?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Evans

Greg Smith < http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:
> I am developing a form that uses a lot of Web Form controls (not HTML). I
> disable certain controls in sequence, but as I click on other buttons
> on the form the disabled controls get reset to their original state,
> enabled, and I have to turn them off again.
> Is there a way to keep this from happening?
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do these "other buttons" cause postbacks? If so, you will need to make sure
Viewstate is enabled or the "Enabled" property value for any controls you
set will not be remembered. In that case, you would have to set "Enabled"
to false explicity each request for each control, based on whatever criteria
you choose.