Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Recording high scores

Recording high scores

Anthony

I have a team website that has several games for entertainment. One
of the games is a javascript version of yahtzee. Can someone suggest
a way, using javascript, to record a high score for the game instead
of a high score for a particular user, session, or computer. Perhaps
someone already has code written to do this. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Evertjan.

Anthony wrote on 13 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

> I have a team website that has several games for entertainment. One
> of the games is a javascript version of yahtzee. Can someone suggest
> a way, using javascript, to record a high score for the game instead
> of a high score for a particular user, session, or computer. Perhaps
> someone already has code written to do this. Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Not without serverside [javascript] scripting.

Ask yourself how another user's programme can know your result,
if the or any server is not an active intermediary.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Anthony

On Feb 13, 12:28 pm, "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Anthony wrote on 13 feb 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
> > I have a team website that has several games for entertainment. One
> > of the games is a javascript version of yahtzee. Can someone suggest
> > a way, using javascript, to record a high score for the game instead
> > of a high score for a particular user, session, or computer. Perhaps
> > someone already has code written to do this. Any help would be
> > greatly appreciated.

> Not without serverside [javascript] scripting.
>
> Ask yourself how another user's programme can know your result,
> if the or any server is not an active intermediary.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

OK, thanks. I had not been able to find a way to do this so I came
here to find out for sure.