Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > 15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for your time

15 seconds survey (literally) 1 radio button click. thx for your time

Kentor

Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
you prefer the most? thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Link is
at:
http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php

Bergamot

Kentor wrote:
> Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
> you prefer the most?
> http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php

You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics

--
Berg

Toby A Inkster

Kentor wrote:

> Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
> you prefer the most? thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Link is
> at: http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php

Top one looks like the roof has blown off in a storm.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Geek of ~ HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

* = I'm getting there!

Steve

"Bergamot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Kentor wrote:
| > Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
| > you prefer the most?
| > http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php
|
| You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics

lol.

so one must first be a member of alt.design.graphics in order to appreciate
asthetics. therefore, anyone lacking such senses yet wants to understand
what makes up 'purdy', should add that ng to their new reader immediately!

as for kentor, he's the biggest waste of ng space as i've ever seen. he
should download the ****ing manual already or hire someone. at least he's
realized this; although in leu of payment, he's only begging for free help
right now...oh, and, he'll give you a nod on 'his' website that *you* design
and program for him.

lol again, though, at your suggestion bergamot. ;^)

Bergamot

Steve wrote:
> "Bergamot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> | Kentor wrote:
> | > Hello, could you guys please take a look at 4 logos and choose the one
> | > you prefer the most?
> | > http://www.rent-index.com/survey/vote.php
> |
> | You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics
>
> so one must first be a member of alt.design.graphics in order to appreciate
> asthetics.

It's got nothing to do with aesthetics.

The regulars in alt.design.graphics will give a different perspective on
the query, such as the appropriateness of the particular graphic design
for the intended purpose, or how it suits the particular business.

> therefore, anyone lacking such senses yet wants to understand
> what makes up 'purdy', should add that ng to their new reader immediately!

Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
worthless. Ask some designers who do these things for a living and
you'll get more useful input.

--
Berg

Geoff Berrow

the following:

>Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
>worthless. Ask some designers who do these things for a living and
>you'll get more useful input.

Not if he just wants gut reaction and not analysis. But the best people
to ask would be the target audience
--
Geoff Berrow 0110001001101100010000000110

Bergamot

Geoff Berrow wrote:

> But the best people to ask would be the target audience

That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups out,
I think.

--
Berg

Steve

"Bergamot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Geoff Berrow wrote:
| >
| > But the best people to ask would be the target audience
|
| That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups out,
| I think.

well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!

Steve

| > | You're asking the wrong people. Try alt.design.graphics
| >
| > so one must first be a member of alt.design.graphics in order to
appreciate
| > asthetics.
|
| It's got nothing to do with aesthetics.
|
| The regulars in alt.design.graphics will give a different perspective on
| the query, such as the appropriateness of the particular graphic design
| for the intended purpose, or how it suits the particular business.

now THAT is funny. you like building strawmen?

| > therefore, anyone lacking such senses yet wants to understand
| > what makes up 'purdy', should add that ng to their new reader
immediately!

| Um, asking a bunch of geeks which picture they like better is pretty
| worthless. Ask some designers who do these things for a living and
| you'll get more useful input.

i'm not a geek...unless everyone is a geek. i suppose, by your logic,
graphic artists cannot be geeks.

attention all non-graphical people...wait, we are *all* graphical and are
very visually particular. it is more *marketing* than profession that drives
decisions like this. *sales* persons will have a better grasp of what is
going to have the best impact on the audience...NOT the graphic artist -
*sales* tells the artist what they'd like to see. i've not only created
graphics for sites, but i've called the shots as to what professional
graphics went into a site. that was how broad my umbrella has been as
project manager on several projects in the past.

finally, graphic artists are to 'appropriateness of the particular graphic
design for the intended purpose' as the software developer is to telling a
company what their business requirements are. neither drive business
decisions; they only facilitate. both the developer and the graphic artist,
in the end, are simply code-monkeys.

Steve

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4a042$45d1202b$40cba7ac$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Steve wrote:
| > "Bergamot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

| > | That probably still leaves the people frequenting these newsgroups
out,
| > | I think.
| >
| > well hell, there goes my degree in graphic design!!! ****, i'd not have
| > bothered with it if i knew i'd end up a software developer!
| >

| Guess that blows my fine arts degree too!

;^)