Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > dynamic page layout ?

dynamic page layout ?

Jon

I have a page that has a standard form and for one customer will have a set
of 4 extra buttons right in the middle of the form. So, if possible I'd
like to make one page that can hide/show those buttons according to a
web.config setting. But, when the buttons are hidden, I don't want there be
some giant blank space in the middle of the page. What's the best way to go
about that?
Thanks

--
********************************
Jon

Ben Lucas

You could place the 4 extra buttons in either a Panel control, or if you're
using tables, just make sure that the tr and td tags are set with
runat=server. Then, when you don't want to display them, set the containing
control's visible property to false.

--
Ben Lucas
Lead Developer

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a page that has a standard form and for one customer will have a set
>of 4 extra buttons right in the middle of the form. So, if possible I'd
>like to make one page that can hide/show those buttons according to a
>web.config setting. But, when the buttons are hidden, I don't want there
>be some giant blank space in the middle of the page. What's the best way
>to go about that?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Jon

Jon

Ok, so if I change to flow layout and use HTML panel grids and show/hide
them, it will work! Sounds good to me. Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...