Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

Reply
Thread Tools

FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?

 
 
FAQ server
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-

http://javascript.faqts.com/

Mozilla JavaScript 1.5 reference:-

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/JavaScript

Index of Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online (These documents are no longer available form Netscape but are still reproduced by Sun Microsystems, Inc.):-

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6408-10/

Index of Archived Netscape 4 JavaScript docs online and for download:-

http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/libr...1.3/reference/

Online Gecko DOM Reference:-

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs..._DOM_Reference

Download:-

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/dom/domref.zip

Microsoft (D)HTML reference:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ence_entry.asp

JScript reference and main Microsoft script site:-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...bfe2330aa9.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

Opera Documentation:-

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/#ecmascript

http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/js/

ICab's Inscript documentation:-

http://www.muchsoft.com/inscript/

Archived documentation for MSIE 3.x:-

http://members.tripod.com/~housten/download/

The official ECMAScript specification:-

http://www.ecma-international.org/pu...s/Ecma-262.htm

Other versions of the ECMAScript specification:-

http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/

DOM level 1 ECMA script binding:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-DOM-Level-1...e-binding.html

DOM HTML level 2 ECMA script binding:-

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-HTM...t-binding.html

FESI - a free implementation of ECMAScript in Java:-

http://www.lugrin.ch/fesi/index.html

Frequently asked questions about source code obfuscation:-

http://jibbering.com/faq/obfuscate.html

Sites discussing Active Server Pages:-

http://www.15seconds.com/

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

http://www.aspfaq.com/

DHTML source code and tutorials:-

http://www.w3schools.com/

Sites focused on using Scripting to automate Windows:-

http://www.windows-script.com/

http://cwashington.netreach.net/

Microsoft's Windows Scripting Host (WSH) Newsgroup:-
microsoft.public.scripting.wsh

Manipulating times, dates and the lastModified date and time in javascript:-

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-dates.htm

Venkman - Mozilla Visual JS debugger:-

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/

Whitebeam Apache Module - Server Side Javascript in Apache;-

http://www.whitebeam.org/

Digital Mars DMD Script, console and MS Active Script implementation of ECMAScript, claimed to be faster than other implementations:-

http://www.digitalmars.com/dscript/

Microsoft Script Debugger Download:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/list/webdev.asp

Microsoft Script Debugger Documentation:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ml/sdbug_1.asp


===
Postings such as this are automatically sent once a day. Their
goal is to answer repeated questions, and to offer the content to
the community for continuous evaluation/improvement. The complete
comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dr J R Stockton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-05-2007
In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$(E-Mail Removed).
dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <(E-Mail Removed)>
posted:
>FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>
>http://javascript.faqts.com/


That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
or reading first.

The index needs spell-correcting for convenient search.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk DOS 3.3, 6.20 ; WinXP.
Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.
PAS EXE TXT ZIP via <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/programs/00index.htm>
My DOS <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/batfiles.htm> - also batprogs.htm.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Randy Webb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2007
Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$(E-Mail Removed).
> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <(E-Mail Removed)>
> posted:
>> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>>
>> http://javascript.faqts.com/

>
> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth mentioning
> or reading first.


It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html
Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dr J R Stockton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-07-2007
In comp.lang.javascript message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:31:43, Randy Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
>Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
>> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$(E-Mail Removed).
>> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> posted:
>>> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>>>
>>> http://javascript.faqts.com/

>> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth
>>mentioning
>> or reading first.

>
>It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
>and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.



Is the draft on-line? If it were, we could point out new errors before
they formally appear.

In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
improvements should be immediately available.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.
Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (SonOfRFC1036)
Do not Mail News to me. Before a reply, quote with ">" or "> " (SonOfRFC1036)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Randy Webb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2007
Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/7/2007 8:57 AM:
> In comp.lang.javascript message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:31:43, Randy Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> posted:
>> Dr J R Stockton said the following on 2/5/2007 1:19 PM:
>>> In comp.lang.javascript message <45c67387$0$49202$(E-Mail Removed).
>>> dk>, Mon, 5 Feb 2007 00:00:01, FAQ server <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> posted:
>>>> FAQ Topic - What online resources are available?
>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Javascript FAQ site, please check first:-
>>>>
>>>> http://javascript.faqts.com/
>>> That may be worth mentioning; but I doubt whether it's worth
>>> mentioning
>>> or reading first.

>> It isn't to me. The draft for 10.0 has this entire section re-ordered
>> and the spelling mistakes have been corrected.

>
>
> Is the draft on-line?


Not yet.

> If it were, we could point out new errors before they formally appear.


That is the desire if I can ever manage to finish the draft document.

> In FAQ-writing, IMHO it's a great mistake (possibly committed by RC) to
> try to work in the background producing a finally-polished version. All
> improvements should be immediately available.


Right now, it isn't even a complete document. It is a complete
re-write/re-organization of 9.xx where a lot of items get moved around,
anchors got renamed, some items got re-organized (especially the online
resources section).

When I can get a completed document (at least through Section 3), the
intentions are to go ahead and post it on-line for
comments/suggestions/corrections before moving on to Section 4. Then,
Section 4 will probably be done 3 or 4 entries at the time so I can keep
up with it instead of trying to edit/update/maintain 40-odd entries at
one time.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html
Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located? FAQ server Javascript 0 04-04-2007 11:00 PM
FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located? FAQ server Javascript 7 02-10-2007 02:55 PM
FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located? FAQ server Javascript 0 12-04-2006 12:00 AM
FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located? FAQ server Javascript 0 10-06-2006 11:00 PM
FAQ Topic - I have a question that is not answered in here or in any of the resources mentioned here but I'm sure it has been answered in clj. Where are the clj archives located? FAQ server Javascript 0 08-09-2006 11:00 PM



Advertisments