Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > FAQ Topic - What books cover javascript?

FAQ Topic - What books cover javascript?

FAQ server

FAQ Topic - What books cover javascript?

The only book currently endorsed by c.l.j. regulars is:

JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 4th Edition By David Flanagan
ISBN:0-596-00048-0

Also by David Flanagan: JavaScript Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition.
ISBN 0-596-00411-7 for language and API reference alone.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jscript4/

Errata:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jscript4/errata/

The Fifth Edition has been released but has not been reviewed thoroughly
enough to gain a full endorsement from the regulars of c.l.j.

JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 5th Edition By David Flanagan
ISBN:0-596-10199-6

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jscript5/

Errata:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/jscript5/errata/

Davaid Flanagan's Blog Site:

http://www.davidflanagan.com/

===
comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

Peter Michaux

On Feb 3, 4:00 pm, "FAQ server" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> FAQ Topic - What books cover javascript?
>
> The only book currently endorsed by c.l.j. regulars is:
>
> JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 4th Edition By David Flanagan
> ISBN:0-596-00048-0
>
> Also by David Flanagan: JavaScript Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition.
> ISBN 0-596-00411-7 for language and API reference alone.

<snip>

> The Fifth Edition has been released but has not been reviewed thoroughly
> enough to gain a full endorsement from the regulars of c.l.j.
>
> JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, 5th Edition By David Flanagan
> ISBN:0-596-10199-6

I have the fourth and fifth editions, use both quite a bit and find
them both invaluable. I still use the fourth a lot when I am testing
old browsers. I think that a beginner is roughly as well served by the
fifth edition as by the fourth regardless of the outstanding errata in
the new edition. (I've reported a lot of errata to Flanagan but he has
been too busy to post it on the O'Reilly site.) I say just roll with
it and recommend both editions. Anyone reading that FAQ entry is going
to buy the fifth anyway.

Peter