Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > IE6 JS setting colspan setAttribute not being honored

IE6 JS setting colspan setAttribute not being honored

Craig Taylor

I've seen other referances to this bug in IE when researching the
problem but haven't seen any solutions. Apparently IE does not honor
setAttribute of colspan when building a table.

Does anyone know of a workaround other than manually padding with empty
cells?

eg:

tdElem.setAttribute( "colspan", "3" );

Thanks,

- Craig Taylor
http://www.ctalkobt.net

augustus kling

Try writing as "colSpan" not "colspan". Another way is using
tdElem.colSpan.
Keep in mind that IE needs <tbody> after <table>, if IE creates his own
<tbody> append to it instead of creating an own <tbody>.

Greetings

augustus kling wrote:
> Try writing as "colSpan" not "colspan". Another way is using
> tdElem.colSpan.
> Keep in mind that IE needs <tbody> after <table>, if IE creates his own
> <tbody> append to it instead of creating an own <tbody>.
>
> Greetings

That did it.

I am putting the tbody & thead in the table but can't use the .colSpan
directly as I'm updating the table based upon results coming back from
a JSON array.

Thanks!

- Craig Taylor
http://www.ctalkobt.net