Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > get user enter value from prompt window asp.net

get user enter value from prompt window asp.net

ambersaria420@yahoo.com

I need to prompt the user to enter ID. I can open up prompt fine using
javascript code below. However I am not sure how to get value that user
entered in user prompt window. I have to check this value to see if it
exists in the database.

Private Sub btnID_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles btnID.Click
Dim strPop As String
strPop = "<script language='javascript'>" & vbCrLf & "var temp
= window.prompt('Enter ID:','');window.returnValue = temp;" & vbCrLf &
"</script>" & vbCrLf
Page.RegisterStartupScript("Pop", strPop)
End Sub

Thanks a lot

=?Utf-8?B?cmFqYW1hbmlja2Ft?=

hi..