Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > splitting resizer suggestions (fixed box with movable inside borders)

splitting resizer suggestions (fixed box with movable inside borders)

Ted Zlatanov

I'm working on a splitting resizer, something that will take a div
element with absolute bounds (let's say 100x100) and split it into N
pieces with N-1 borders (each piece is another div with absolute
positioning). Each border is draggable, so if you divide into, say, 3
equal pieces (33/33/34) and you drag the last border, the piece sizes
will end up at 33/60/7.

So this:

[ | | ]

becomes

[ | |]

in rough ASCII. The vertical sizes in this example remain at 100 for
each piece. The resizer should work vertically as well (with static
horizontal sizes) but that's pretty trivial.

My questions are:

1) has this been implemented already? I've looked around and tried
the dojo.widget.SplitContainer, but it was s-l-o-w and sizes didn't
get set appropriately. Any other suggestions?

2) is there a better way to implement this, perhaps with less
Javascript? I'm thinking of alternate ways than dragging the border:
clicking in the "new" location of the border, using a visual scroll
wheel, buttons to go left/right... Any helpful ideas would be most
welcome.

Thanks
Ted

Looking for JS library for movable modal box yashgt@gmail.com Javascript 1 09-03-2007 04:41 PM
Image resizer Kaz Computer Support 5 10-17-2005 07:30 PM
Microsoft Image resizer problems Mousetater Digital Photography 6 08-13-2004 12:55 PM
Photo Resizer Software Concerns WeeWilly Computer Support 2 06-30-2004 05:59 AM
disableing windows picture resizer jeroen Computer Support 3 01-27-2004 08:59 PM

Advertisments