Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Drag-and-drop

Drag-and-drop

Arthur Hsu

Hello,

I'm trying to implement drag-and-drop function on my web forms, say, drag an
item from one box to another. Is there any starting point that I can refer
to?

TIA,

Arthur

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your posting. As for the web page drag and drop problem, this is
generally implemented via DTHML script and there is no buildin support in
ASP.NET. In addition, since the DHTML feature rely on the client browser's
support, so the behavior or scripting approch may also different in
different browser. here are some reference on drag-and-drop in IE:

#Drag and Drop Support
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/de...us/samples/int
ernet/ie50/dragndrop/default.asp

#Drag and Drop with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5
http://tech.irt.org/articles/js204/#3

Hope helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng