Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > how to detect Borwser settings through javascript

how to detect Borwser settings through javascript

balakrishnan.dinesh@gmail.com

hi frnds,

I need to know how to detect Borwser settings through
javascript, I found the code for getting browser language and whether
java enabled or not. But i want know the other options like
Internet option --> Setting Details and JIT compiler status (enabled or
Not) , ActiveXcontrol status e.t.c..

Can u give some sample code for this and any reference sites for this
query

Rgrds
Dinesh

Randy Webb

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said the following on 12/27/2006 3:49 AM:
> hi frnds,
>
> I need to know how to detect Borwser settings through
> javascript, I found the code for getting browser language and whether
> java enabled or not. But i want know the other options like
> Internet option --> Setting Details and JIT compiler status (enabled or
> Not) , ActiveXcontrol status e.t.c..

You can't, other than testing for a feature. You can *not* "read" my
settings using script.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Borwser prompts for username\password markgoldin ASP General 4 10-11-2008 07:55 AM
Borwser's OS ? Mel HTML 11 02-12-2005 09:57 PM
Redirect borwser with JApplet Hannibal Java 8 02-07-2005 05:27 PM
Adware or something is taking over my borwser--pls help. James Bond Computer Security 13 02-06-2004 11:09 AM

Advertisments