Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > contentEditable DIV & document.body

contentEditable DIV & document.body

delraydog@gmail.com

Does a contentEditable DIV have the notion of an internal document? I'm
trying to convert code that uses an IFrame.contentWindow.document to
use the "document" inside a contentEditable DIV but they don't seem to
be similar beasts. Eventually I want to add stylesheets to the
contentEditable DIV as well as event handling. I'm porting an IFrame
editor to a contentEditable DIV based editor.

Thanks,
Cliff.

Martin Honnen

> Does a contentEditable DIV have the notion of an internal document? I'm
> trying to convert code that uses an IFrame.contentWindow.document to
> use the "document" inside a contentEditable DIV but they don't seem to
> be similar beasts. Eventually I want to add stylesheets to the
> contentEditable DIV as well as event handling. I'm porting an IFrame
> editor to a contentEditable DIV based editor.

The div sits in a document and is then made editable. It does not
contain a document of its own to which you could apply separate
stylesheets. If you want to apply stylesheets then to the document the
div sits in, perhaps using CSS classes to be only applied to that
editable div.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

div contenteditable? =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?= ASP .Net 4 10-11-2005 06:49 AM
contentEditable Trevor HTML 3 08-27-2005 01:41 PM
NS/FF don't change div offsetWidth when div innerHTML is added toand div becomes wider mscir Javascript 3 06-26-2005 04:04 PM