Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Regular expression for URL validation

Regular expression for URL validation

sangram

Hi friends

my question is

i need a regular exp. for URL validation in java script

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

sangram wrote:

> my question is
>
> i need a regular exp. for URL validation in java script

That is *not* a question, it is a demand (rather not welcome here). And the
language is called _JavaScript_.

Anyway, try the RegExp given in RFC3986 (URIs), Appendix B, for a start:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt

However, there has been posted at least one more URL-specific RegExp for
that purpose here already, at least by me. Google is your friend. And
maybe it is even in the FAQ by now.

PointedEars

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 00:19:57, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>sangram wrote:
>
>> my question is
>>
>> i need a regular exp. for URL validation in java script

>That is *not* a question, it is a demand (rather not welcome here). And the
>language is called _JavaScript_.

Hunnish bully-boys are unwelcome here; and everywhere else.

Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;