Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Server.GetLastError() in a Web Farm

Server.GetLastError() in a Web Farm

=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFdpbGxpYW1z?=

If I am handling errors in my Global.Asax Application_Error method and this
resides on a web farm and I am trying to trap the last exception that was
thrown, I assume that Server.GetLastError() will only check for the last
error on the current server. What if I was redirected via load balancing to
a different server. How do I accomidate for this?

Karl Seguin

If an exception occured, how would you get redirected to a different server?

Exception Occurs
local error handling
page error handling
global error handling

there's no redirection happening...it all happens in a single thread...

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/