Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > jQuery problem in IE with autocompleter

jQuery problem in IE with autocompleter

christophergraber@gmail.com

Hi,

Just started using jQuery, and a friend told me about
http://interface.eyecon.ro/demos/autocompleter.html

Works great in Firefox but I'm having trouble in IE 6 SP2. The original
example seems like it works only some of the time in IE. Should be able
to put in capital "A" and see 10 entries pop below the text box.

I made my own test files here and I really don't get anywhere in IE:
http://cjg.users.npsis.com/jquery/test.php which talks to
http://cjg.users.npsis.com/jquery/completer.xml
After sort of "flashing" something below the text box, IE shows a
javascript error that I dont know how to fix... Line 727, Char 30,
Error: Invalid Argument., Code 0, URL:
http://cjq.users.npsis.com/jquery/test.php

Ideas?

Any other better autocomplete plugins out there that work nicely in IE
as well?

Thanks,
Chris