Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How do I get the value of the scrollbar?

How do I get the value of the scrollbar?

joe

How do I get the value of the scrollbar when my window is scrolled vertical or
horizontal -wise?

What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

marss

joe wrote:
> How do I get the value of the scrollbar when my window is scrolled vertical or
> horizontal -wise?
>
> What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

If javascript enabled: document.body.scrollLeft and
document.body.scrollLeft
I doubt whether it has solution if javascript is disabled.

Lee

joe said:

>What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

joe

Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>joe said:
>
>>What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

>Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
>you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

If Javascipt is disabled is there an HTML or Perl workaround?

Lee

joe said:

>Lee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>joe said:
>>
>>>What if the user has Javascript disabled is there a generic solution?

>>Think that through. What are you planning to do with the value if
>>you can get it, if Javascript is disabled?

>If Javascipt is disabled is there an HTML or Perl workaround?

HTML is not a programming language.
Perl doesn't normally execute on the client-side. Particularly
not if they've disabled Javascript.
There might be a way to do what you want with CSS (if that's not
disabled, too), but that would depend on what it is that you want
to do.