Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > how to access iframe element from the parent document

how to access iframe element from the parent document

Roy

Hi,

I have a parent document which has an iframe loaded in it.
The iframe has an textfield element.
I want to access this textfield element from the parent document. I
have tried the following. But that doesn't work.

(from the parent)
window.frames['frame01'].document.getElementById('idname')

I always get as null.

Please help.

Thanks,
Subarayan.

Danny

Looks good to me so long the iframed is named or IDed 'frame01', and its input
element is IDed, NOT named, 'idname', it should work just fine .

Danny