Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Reload/refresh parent web page from an iframe

Reload/refresh parent web page from an iframe

Raffi

My main browser page has an iframe. Whenever the iframe is reloaded
(updated), I want to automatically refresh the main webpage as well.
How can this be done, preferably using javascript?

Thanks,
Raffi

VK

Raffi wrote:
> My main browser page has an iframe. Whenever the iframe is reloaded
> (updated), I want to automatically refresh the main webpage as well.

But by doing so you will replace the freshly updated iframe with the
default one as well. Is it what you want?

Raffi

VK wrote:
> Raffi wrote:
> > My main browser page has an iframe. Whenever the iframe is reloaded
> > (updated), I want to automatically refresh the main webpage as well.

> But by doing so you will replace the freshly updated iframe with the
> default one as well. Is it what you want?

I would only update the main page and the iframe would be updated along
with it.

Raffi