Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > problem in changing the actual event handler into our own event

problem in changing the actual event handler into our own event

ashok.dhananjeyan@gmail.com

Hi

I have a problem in changing the actual event handler into our own
event.

i.e

var f = document.forms("formname")
if(!f) continue;
_subH = f.submit
alert("Submit handler" + _subH) ;

f.submit = SampleSubmit

function SampleSubmit()
{
..
..
..
..

..

f.submit = _subH
f.submit();

}

Actually in this code i am trying to assign the actual submit handler
into variable _subH. but at very first time the handler cannot be
captured into that variable _subH(error says "access denied:
-2147024891). once the HTML page is refreshed ,the handler can be
retrieved.

This error is occurred only when we are using other than the submit
button like "button,anchor tag", to submit the page.

Thanks in advance.