Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Replies don't always send

Replies don't always send

motorbelly

I've been having this problem for several week with Mozilla 1.7.2 in
Win98SE:

When I make a reply it often won't send when I hit the Send button. The
button make the depression like it knows its been hit, but nothing happens.

Even if I save this reply in draft, shut down the machine and restart it
and try to send from the Draft folder, nothing.

I open a new compose message, and paste the address, subject and message
body from the reply and it sends just fine. But of course then the
original message isn't flagged as replied.

My send mail setting appears correct, the addresses I'm sending to are
fine. What could this be?

***Tagzilla...Tag team: A group of people thinking up taglines.

Adrian

motorbelly wrote:

> I've been having this problem for several week with Mozilla 1.7.2 in
> Win98SE:
>
> When I make a reply it often won't send when I hit the Send button. The
> button make the depression like it knows its been hit, but nothing happens.
>
> Even if I save this reply in draft, shut down the machine and restart it
> and try to send from the Draft folder, nothing.
>
> I open a new compose message, and paste the address, subject and message
> body from the reply and it sends just fine. But of course then the
> original message isn't flagged as replied.
>
> My send mail setting appears correct, the addresses I'm sending to are
> fine. What could this be?
>

> ***Tagzilla...Tag team: A group of people thinking up taglines.

Do you get an error message? and if so, what is it?

--
~Adrian
My home page:

Andreas

motorbelly wrote:

> I've been having this problem for several week with Mozilla 1.7.2 in
> Win98SE:
>
> When I make a reply it often won't send when I hit the Send button. The
> button make the depression like it knows its been hit, but nothing happens.
>
> Even if I save this reply in draft, shut down the machine and restart it
> and try to send from the Draft folder, nothing.
>
> I open a new compose message, and paste the address, subject and message
> body from the reply and it sends just fine. But of course then the
> original message isn't flagged as replied.
>
> My send mail setting appears correct, the addresses I'm sending to are
> fine. What could this be?
>

> ***Tagzilla...Tag team: A group of people thinking up taglines.

This has nothing to do with your problem, but your sig line is not set
up properly. Above and before ***Tagzilla there should be the sig
delimiter of dash dash space (like this -- ). That way, when someone
replies to your message, your tagline (sig line) is not included.
Tagzilla should do this automatically, so I'm guess you don't have it
set up properly. I know, Tagzilla can be confusing at times.

Andreas

To contact me remove the NOSPAM

Thunderbird wraps plain text replies but not Opera Mail HTML replies janet Computer Support 11 12-17-2007 01:00 AM
Thunderbird replies Liora Firefox 16 10-20-2005 04:58 AM
Thunderbird Replies Marcus Hamaker Firefox 2 09-16-2005 08:13 PM
Trying to create a CSS box that is always is always the width of an image placed inside it (and no wider) Deryck HTML 4 06-22-2004 08:25 PM
Quoting original messages in replies John Coxon Firefox 14 04-24-2004 06:18 PM

Advertisments