Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to check if Outlook is running

How to check if Outlook is running

tomapi69@googlemail.com

Hello,
I've found some conflicts between Outlook, SVG Plugin and some JRE. I
would like to be able to detect if Outlook is currently running from IE
so I could warn the user of possible crash.

Is there a way to know if Outlook is currently running from IE?

Thanks,

Thomas.

Erwin Moller

> Hello,
> I've found some conflicts between Outlook, SVG Plugin and some JRE. I
> would like to be able to detect if Outlook is currently running from IE
> so I could warn the user of possible crash.
>
> Is there a way to know if Outlook is currently running from IE?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas.

Hi Thomas,

If your app crashes Outlook is probably running.

Seriously, I don't think JavaScript can access such information.
Maybe you can pull the trick via VBscript instead of JavaScript. VBscript
has many (unsafe) features.

Regards,
Erwin Moller