Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to disable a menu item in browser

How to disable a menu item in browser

Nemo

Hello Guys,
Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as" in the
Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript. Thanks.
Nemo

David Dorward

Nemo wrote:

> Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as" in
> the Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript.

You can't.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Nemo

Then how they do that becasue I have seen this, is there another way or
another script like VB?

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ec077s$4pu$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nemo wrote:
>
> > Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as" in
> > the Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript.

> You can't.

> Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

RC

Nemo wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as" in the
> Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript. Thanks.
> Nemo

No, you can't remove a menu item from a menu.
But you can eliminate the all menu.
Try

window.open("yourFile.html", "targetNewWindow",
"toolbar=no,location=0,directory=no,status=no,menu bar=0,scrollbars=no,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,widt h=200,height=200");

Randy Webb

RC said the following on 8/17/2006 8:53 AM:
> Nemo wrote:
>> Hello Guys,
>> Can somebody tell me how I can disable a menu item such as "save as"
>> in the
>> Internet Explorer or Netscape using Javascript. Thanks.
>> Nemo
>>

> No, you can't remove a menu item from a menu.
> But you can eliminate the all menu.
> Try

And then wonder why it doesn't remove the toolbars?

> window.open("yourFile.html", "targetNewWindow",
> "toolbar=no,location=0,directory=no,status=no,menu bar=0,scrollbars=no,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,widt h=200,height=200");

Control-N

--
Randy

RC

Randy Webb wrote:

> And then wonder why it doesn't remove the toolbars?

Then try

"toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menub ar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,width= 500,height=200"

It works for me in FF, NS and IE.

Randy Webb

RC said the following on 8/17/2006 9:55 AM:
> Randy Webb wrote:
>

>> And then wonder why it doesn't remove the toolbars?

> Then try
>
> "toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menub ar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=0,copyhistory=0,width= 500,height=200"
>

> It works for me in FF, NS and IE.

Try it in IE7.
Try it in Opera.
Try it in FF with the user.js file edited:

user_pref("dom.disable_window_open_feature.toolbar ", true);

--
Randy

David Dorward

Nemo wrote:

Please do not top post.

> Then how they do that becasue I have seen this

Where?

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Nemo

David,
I'll try to find it, I have seen a webpage that when I tried to save using
"Save as ...", the menu was disabled, I do not remember if they opened a new
window.
Regards

news:ec2pr2$q0f$1$(E-Mail Removed)...