Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > An old problem between layer and combobox

An old problem between layer and combobox

Cylix

Combobox is always over all layer in a page.
I remember that there is solution on a javascript tool kit.

Does anyone know the method to workaround this?

Matt Kruse

Cylix wrote:
> Combobox is always over all layer in a page.

In IE Win32 browsers (and others which use the IE control)

> I remember that there is solution on a javascript tool kit.
> Does anyone know the method to workaround this?

Put an iframe behind the div, sized to exactly the same size.
As seen here: http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/lib/popup/example.php
and many other places on the web.

The technique I use to make it apply only when the problem actually exists
(afaik) is:

Popup.prototype.useIframeShim = false;
/*@cc_on @*/ /*@if (@_win32) {Popup.prototype.useIframeShim = true;} @end
@*/