Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Printer Friendly Page

Printer Friendly Page

weetat.yeo@gmail.com

Hi all ,

I have a print button in PHP page which using javascript
window.print() to print web page.
However , when user click "print" , the print preview display that the
page cut-off and alignment is out.

Read on regarding the matter , and found that is not the issue of PHP .
Some users recommend to me to use CSS and HTML to create printer
friendly page.
However my page is extension is in php , can i use CSS and HTML to
create printer friendly page?

Anybody have any sample how to do it is much appreciated ? Thanks

Randy Webb

Yes, you can use CSS. Ask in news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

--
Randy

David Dorward

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I have a print button in PHP page which using javascript
> window.print() to print web page.

Browsers come with multiple methods to start printing built in. There is no
need to add another one (which only works for your site).

> Read on regarding the matter , and found that is not the issue of PHP .
> Some users recommend to me to use CSS and HTML to create printer
> friendly page.

Yes, a print media style sheet is the way to go about things.

> However my page is extension is in php , can i use CSS and HTML to
> create printer friendly page?

File extensions are not relevant on the WWW, what matters is the
Content-type HTTP header. PHP can control that.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is