Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > FAQ - What questions are off-topic for clj?

FAQ - What questions are off-topic for clj?

FAQ server

FAQ - What questions are off-topic for clj?

The comp.lang.javascript newsgroup deals with ECMAScript
languages, so any questions about JavaScript or JScript are
welcome. However, the majority of questions sent to this group
relates to javascript in a web browser. If you are experiencing
issues with a particular browser, or the host is not a browser
at all, please make this information clear.

Javascript and Java are two completely different languages.
Java questions should be asked in one of the comp.lang.java.*
newsgroups; they are not appropriate for clj (as Java and
javascript are distinct programming languages with only
superficial similarities due to sharing a C-like syntax and
some of the characters in their names).

Questions dealing with other scripting languages, such as
VBScript, PerlScript or CGI scripting are also off-topic,
as are HTML-only or CSS-only questions.

Questions that are specific to Microsoft's JScript may also
be appropriately asked at:
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

The comp.lang.javasciript newsgroup charter is included in

http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_not...s_charter.html

--
Postings as these are automatically sent once a day. Their goal
is to answer repeated questions, and to offer the content to the

Randy Webb

FAQ server said the following on 7/31/2006 10:00 AM:
> FAQ - What questions are off-topic for clj?

<snip>

> Questions dealing with other scripting languages, such as
> VBScript, PerlScript or CGI scripting are also off-topic,
> as are HTML-only or CSS-only questions.

While that is true, and I agree with it, the charter says differently.

<snip>

> The comp.lang.javasciript newsgroup charter is included in

javascript != javasciript

--
Randy

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <44ce0ceb$0$15786$(E-Mail Removed)>, dated Mon,
31 Jul 2006 14:00:01 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, FAQ
server <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :

>FAQ - What questions are off-topic for clj?

> However, the majority of questions sent to this group
>relates to javascript in a web browser.

relate

>Questions that are specific to Microsoft's JScript may also
>be appropriately asked at:
>microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

Somewhere (but not there) IMHO it should be indicated that JScript is
for execution locally in Windows, and only a compatible subset is
suitable for WWW pages - or whatever the true facts are.

>The comp.lang.javasciript newsgroup charter is included in

javascript

>http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_not...s_charter.html
>

>--
> Postings as these are automatically sent once a day. Their goal

^ such ?
> is to answer repeated questions, and to offer the content to the
> community for continuous evaluation/improvement. The complete
> comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
> The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

That is not a Sig, and should therefore not be preceded by a standard
SigSep. A standard Sig should be of no more than four lines. You could
use, say, "===" to indicate a similar separation.

Such posts should include the true name, and as much of the locality or
affiliation as is generally made public, of the poster - in a Sig!.

Read the newsgroup FAQ.

Bart Van der Donck

Dr John Stockton wrote:

> JRS: In article <44ce0ceb$0$15786$(E-Mail Removed)>, dated Mon,
> 31 Jul 2006 14:00:01 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, FAQ
> server <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
> >
> >--
> > Postings as these are automatically sent once a day. Their goal

> ^ such ?

Okay, it's now "Postings such as these are..."

> > is to answer repeated questions, and to offer the content to the
> > community for continuous evaluation/improvement. The complete
> > comp.lang.javascript FAQ is at http://www.jibbering.com/faq/.
> > The FAQ workers are a group of volunteers.

> That is not a Sig, and should therefore not be preceded by a standard
> SigSep. A standard Sig should be of no more than four lines. You could
> use, say, "===" to indicate a similar separation.
>
> Such posts should include the true name, and as much of the locality or
> affiliation as is generally made public, of the poster - in a Sig!.

Okay, "-- " is adapted to "===".

The other remarks from you and Randy apply to the content of the XML
file.

--
Bart