Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > focus() on scrolling div in Firefox

focus() on scrolling div in Firefox

AngryHank

I am sure I am not typing the correct question in Google or this group
to find the answer to my question. So, I have to ask.

I have a scrolling div that I am changing text color and background
color on a mouse over of a marker on a map. I also want the div with
the proper ID to come to the viewable area of the scrolling div when I
mouse over the marker on the map.

I have that working in IE but not Firefox.

Here is the link to the example.
http://mls.andersonasp.com/index2.cfm

BTW, I am a self taught scripter so I am sure I do not have a very
standard way of doing things. I am an old dog trying to learn new
things.

Thanks in advance,

Hank

RobG

AngryHank wrote:
> I am sure I am not typing the correct question in Google or this group
> to find the answer to my question. So, I have to ask.
>
> I have a scrolling div that I am changing text color and background
> color on a mouse over of a marker on a map. I also want the div with
> the proper ID to come to the viewable area of the scrolling div when I
> mouse over the marker on the map.
>
> I have that working in IE but not Firefox.
>
> Here is the link to the example.
> http://mls.andersonasp.com/index2.cfm

I am not going to wade through 7 script files to find the code
responsible, but I can suggest that you use feature detection and
Gecko's non-standard scrollIntoView:

--
Rob

AngryHank

Yeah.. Sorry about that.

http://mls.andersonasp.com/Scripts/displayListings.js

Thanks for the link. Looking at that now.

Hank

RobG wrote:
> AngryHank wrote:
> > I am sure I am not typing the correct question in Google or this group
> > to find the answer to my question. So, I have to ask.
> >
> > I have a scrolling div that I am changing text color and background
> > color on a mouse over of a marker on a map. I also want the div with
> > the proper ID to come to the viewable area of the scrolling div when I
> > mouse over the marker on the map.
> >
> > I have that working in IE but not Firefox.
> >
> > Here is the link to the example.
> > http://mls.andersonasp.com/index2.cfm

> I am not going to wade through 7 script files to find the code
> responsible, but I can suggest that you use feature detection and
> Gecko's non-standard scrollIntoView:

> --
> Rob

AngryHank

K. You are awesome.

Thanks Mr. G.

Not as AngryHank

RobG wrote:
> AngryHank wrote:
> > I am sure I am not typing the correct question in Google or this group
> > to find the answer to my question. So, I have to ask.
> >
> > I have a scrolling div that I am changing text color and background
> > color on a mouse over of a marker on a map. I also want the div with
> > the proper ID to come to the viewable area of the scrolling div when I
> > mouse over the marker on the map.
> >
> > I have that working in IE but not Firefox.
> >
> > Here is the link to the example.
> > http://mls.andersonasp.com/index2.cfm

> I am not going to wade through 7 script files to find the code
> responsible, but I can suggest that you use feature detection and
> Gecko's non-standard scrollIntoView:

> --
> Rob

scrolling within div triggered by jump:restrict to div stan HTML 0 01-18-2007 03:07 AM
Scrolling div in firefox? HDI HTML 6 12-06-2006 04:12 AM
NS/FF don't change div offsetWidth when div innerHTML is added toand div becomes wider mscir Javascript 3 06-26-2005 04:04 PM