Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How can I simulate Google-Suggest

How can I simulate Google-Suggest

laredotornado@zipmail.com

Many have seen Google Suggest, in which you begin typing in your search
term, and the system attempts to auto-complete by supplying a list of
phrases beneath the text field.

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

My question is, in Javascript, if I already have a predefined list of
terms, how can I accomplish this functionality beneath my text field?
Any example code or sites are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, - Dave

TheBagbournes

> Many have seen Google Suggest, in which you begin typing in your search
> term, and the system attempts to auto-complete by supplying a list of
> phrases beneath the text field.
>
> http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
>
> My question is, in Javascript, if I already have a predefined list of
> terms, how can I accomplish this functionality beneath my text field?
> Any example code or sites are greatly appreciated.

Yahoo's UI kit has an AutoComplete widget. The documentation of the whole kit is excellent.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/