Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Setting focus into FCKEditor

Setting focus into FCKEditor

deneb

Hello everyone,

I know this isn't related to generic javascript but I didn't found a
group dedicated to the FCKEditor. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm desperately trying to set the focus into a FCKEditor component
(client side). I know that the FCK object exposes a "Focus()" method
(the capital F isn't a spelling mistake). The problem is I don't know
how to bind to this object from my container page (aspx). How can you
reference this object?

Thanks
François

deneb

Nevermind, I found the right way to do it. The key is the FCKeditorAPI.
Obviously, I haven't read the documentation enough. =)

For those of you who may be interested, here is how you access a
FCKEditor instance *client side*.

var oFCKeditor=FCKeditorAPI.GetInstance('my_fckeditor_ instance') ;
oFCKeditor.Focus();

Goodbye
François