Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > javascript not recognizing checkbox

javascript not recognizing checkbox

Greg G

I'm having to transfer some javascript and perl cgi from a linux host to
a Solaris 10 host. I've run in to a very weird problem.

I'm using some javascript to loop through some table rows and read the
state of a checkbox. This was working fine when the apache web server
was on a FC 4 host. Now that I'm on a Solaris 10 host, also running the
same version of apache, the x.type function is returning "unknown" as
the type for the checkbox. So, naturally the x.checked condition is
failing. The x.value is also returning "unknown".

Any ideas? Both hosts are running the same version of perl and I'm
using the exact same web browser (FireFox 1.5.0.4) to view both sites.

Thanks.

-Greg G