Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_client folder

aspnet_client folder

=?Utf-8?B?TXVycmF5VGg=?=

Instead of having a copy of the aspnet_client folder in each site's files on
a machine, can a virtual directory/application be made with each site's root
in IIS to the machine's c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client folder? Would this
create security issues? If it is OK to do this, should it be a virtual
directory or virtual application?

Lars Netzel

I just have one aspnet_client folder as a subfolder in wwwroot. That's it,
everything works fine. It's just a folder, not anything virtual at all.

/Lars

"MurrayTh" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Instead of having a copy of the aspnet_client folder in each site's files
> on
> a machine, can a virtual directory/application be made with each site's
> root
> in IIS to the machine's c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client folder? Would
> this
> create security issues? If it is OK to do this, should it be a virtual
> directory or virtual application?

=?Utf-8?B?TXVycmF5VGg=?=

Perhaps it is not always needed, but I've read (and confirmed by trying it)
that not having an aspnet_client folder in an web application will cause
problems with some ASP controls, such as validation, and that an
aspnet_client directory should be there for each site.

I am trying out the aspnet_client as a virtual application within each
site's root in IIS, rather than copying the same physical files to each
site's directory on the server. It seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if
I'm opening up myself to other troubles.

aspnet_client folder xfile ASP .Net 2 11-01-2006 08:30 AM
aspnet_client folder - is it required? Frankie ASP .Net 2 07-15-2005 07:47 PM
URGENT: Change location of aspnet_client folder? Ken Baltrinic ASP .Net 2 04-06-2005 04:53 PM
Forcing .NET to render the '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_0_3705_0/WebUIValidation.js' on the web page Art Thomas ASP .Net 3 07-25-2003 11:27 PM
aspnet_client folder shikarishambu ASP .Net 0 07-18-2003 02:11 AM

Advertisments