Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to fire onchangeEvent Programatically in FireFox

How to fire onchangeEvent Programatically in FireFox

mayur_hirpara@hotmail.com

Hi,
I have a situation where I have to populate a dropdownlist using
clientside javascript, select an item from it using javascript and then
fire "onchange" event using javascript.

For IE I am using "fireEvent()" method of an HTML element and it works
great.
However, that method does not work in FireFox.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
--Mike

Ian Collins

> Hi,
> I have a situation where I have to populate a dropdownlist using
> clientside javascript, select an item from it using javascript and then
> fire "onchange" event using javascript.
>
> For IE I am using "fireEvent()" method of an HTML element and it works
> great.
> However, that method does not work in FireFox.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

element.onchange() ?

--
Ian Collins.