Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > AVG will not update

AVG will not update

SHRED

AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
Mozilla is set as my default browser.

I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.

Any work arounds?

Thanks

Andreas

SHRED wrote:

> AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
> Mozilla is set as my default browser.
>
> I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.
>
> Any work arounds?
>
> Thanks

Try downloading the User Agent Switcher and change the UA. This will
make Moz pretend its IE. http://useragentswitcher.mozdev.org/index.html

Andreas

To contact me remove the NOSPAM

derek / nul

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:30:05 -0700, SHRED <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
>Mozilla is set as my default browser.

Its no problem here with either set as default??

Gordon Abbot

SHRED wrote:

> AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
> Mozilla is set as my default browser.
>
> I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.
>
> Any work arounds?
>
> Thanks

Maybe it is your firewall?

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

mike555

SHRED <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<VtdXc.19714$4o.12084@fed1read01>...
> AVG will not connect to the web, for updating my virus database, while
> Mozilla is set as my default browser.
>
> I have to temporarily make IE6 the default, update, and then switch back.
>
> Any work arounds?
>
> Thanks

==== you might need " SetBrowser" , from ...
http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/setbrowser/ ... if you have