Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Recommend an AJAX autocomplete component. (cost $50)

Recommend an AJAX autocomplete component. (cost $50)

Cheng Guangnan

Just have a look at the screencast: http://capxous.com/screencast/
there is a 160kb flash demo.

CAPXOUS.AutoComplete is a handy AJAX auto complete component.

Developers could build their own Area Code auto complete, Group Code
auto complete, Material Code auto complete ... with ease! It's
specially easy to use!

* The latest version is 0.9.2.
* Formerly named AutoAssist.
* Supports Pagination, Page Up, Page Down.
* Supports ASP, ColdFusion, dot NET, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
* Supports Internet Explorer, FireFox, Mozilla, Camino, Konqueror,
Opera. (Safari support in progress)

lofty00@fastmail.fm

Cheng Guangnan wrote:
> Just have a look at the screencast: http://capxous.com/screencast/
> there is a 160kb flash demo.
>

> CAPXOUS.AutoComplete is a handy AJAX auto complete component.
>
> Developers could build their own Area Code auto complete, Group Code
> auto complete, Material Code auto complete ... with ease! It's
> specially easy to use!
>
> * The latest version is 0.9.2.
> * Formerly named AutoAssist.
> * Supports Pagination, Page Up, Page Down.
> * Supports ASP, ColdFusion, dot NET, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
> * Supports Internet Explorer, FireFox, Mozilla, Camino, Konqueror,
> Opera. (Safari support in progress)

alternatively, buy a copy of the book 'DHTML Utopia' and get a code
example you can change yourself which does this, plus the rest of the
book.

Cheng Guangnan

I have read some book and tutorial about ajax autocomplete, but they
are so basic.

A lot of book teach Operate System, but rarely somebody buy a book and
start build a Windows.

Is there any book covered race-condition issue in ajax autocomplete?

for example, two request were send to the server.
first --> /q=hell
second --> /q=hello wo

but the second request returned first and the first request return
after that.

Book is good! Compare to read a AJAX book, CAPXOUS is better in

* robust
* dont want detail
* effective

> Cheng Guangnan wrote:
> > Just have a look at the screencast: http://capxous.com/screencast/
> > there is a 160kb flash demo.
> >

> > CAPXOUS.AutoComplete is a handy AJAX auto complete component.
> >
> > Developers could build their own Area Code auto complete, Group Code
> > auto complete, Material Code auto complete ... with ease! It's
> > specially easy to use!
> >
> > * The latest version is 0.9.2.
> > * Formerly named AutoAssist.
> > * Supports Pagination, Page Up, Page Down.
> > * Supports ASP, ColdFusion, dot NET, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
> > * Supports Internet Explorer, FireFox, Mozilla, Camino, Konqueror,
> > Opera. (Safari support in progress)

> alternatively, buy a copy of the book 'DHTML Utopia' and get a code
> example you can change yourself which does this, plus the rest of the
> book.

Cheng Guangnan

Somebody challenge me why they should pay $50 as they have free
alternative!

See it then you will understand.

http://capxous.com/scriptaculo.htm

*This is not a screencast of my demo!!*

"it's a popular open source project script.aculo.us"