Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error running ASPNET_RegIIS -c

Error running ASPNET_RegIIS -c

=?Utf-8?B?SlN0ZW1wZXI=?=

On one of my localhost sites I'm getting a message to run aspnet_regiis -c to
correct some scripting issues.
When I try to run the listed command I get another error:

"You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
tool."

I have verified that I have administrative rights on the box as my normal
login. I have also logged in as the local administrator, tried the same thing
and get the same message.
I'm running XP Pro SP2 with VS2003. I believe the problem started after
applying SP2.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljay5PLklnZQ==?=

Did u give the ASPNET account access?
OR are u under the acct..
Enjoy
Patrick

"JStemper" wrote:

> On one of my localhost sites I'm getting a message to run aspnet_regiis -c to
> correct some scripting issues.
> When I try to run the listed command I get another error:
>
> "You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> tool."
>
> I have verified that I have administrative rights on the box as my normal
> login. I have also logged in as the local administrator, tried the same thing
> and get the same message.
> I'm running XP Pro SP2 with VS2003. I believe the problem started after
> applying SP2.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

=?Utf-8?B?SlN0ZW1wZXI=?=

I'm not sure what you're asking. Which directories/site/etc.. does ASPNET
need access to?

The site runs fine, except for not having the correct validation jscript
files.

When I run the ASPNET_regiis app I am logged in as the administrator or a
member of the administrator group.

Thanks for the help.
John

"Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:

> Did u give the ASPNET account access?
> OR are u under the acct..
> Enjoy
> Patrick
>

> "JStemper" wrote:
>
> > On one of my localhost sites I'm getting a message to run aspnet_regiis -c to
> > correct some scripting issues.
> > When I try to run the listed command I get another error:
> >
> > "You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> > tool."
> >
> > I have verified that I have administrative rights on the box as my normal
> > login. I have also logged in as the local administrator, tried the same thing
> > and get the same message.
> > I'm running XP Pro SP2 with VS2003. I believe the problem started after
> > applying SP2.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9ycmlzcw==?=

I'm getting the same issue when running aspnet_regiis -c. Any one from MS out
there to help?

"JStemper" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're asking. Which directories/site/etc.. does ASPNET
> need access to?
>
> The site runs fine, except for not having the correct validation jscript
> files.
>
> When I run the ASPNET_regiis app I am logged in as the administrator or a
> member of the administrator group.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> John
>
> "Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:
>
> > Did u give the ASPNET account access?
> > OR are u under the acct..
> > Enjoy
> > Patrick
> >

> > "JStemper" wrote:
> >
> > > On one of my localhost sites I'm getting a message to run aspnet_regiis -c to
> > > correct some scripting issues.
> > > When I try to run the listed command I get another error:
> > >
> > > "You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> > > tool."
> > >
> > > I have verified that I have administrative rights on the box as my normal
> > > login. I have also logged in as the local administrator, tried the same thing
> > > and get the same message.
> > > I'm running XP Pro SP2 with VS2003. I believe the problem started after
> > > applying SP2.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

Juan T. Llibre

Which error message do you get ?

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
"Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting the same issue when running aspnet_regiis -c. Any one from MS
> out
> there to help?
>
> "JStemper" wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you're asking. Which directories/site/etc.. does ASPNET
>> need access to?
>>
>> The site runs fine, except for not having the correct validation jscript
>> files.
>>
>> When I run the ASPNET_regiis app I am logged in as the administrator or a
>> member of the administrator group.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>> John
>>
>> "Patrick.O.Ige" wrote:
>>
>> > Did u give the ASPNET account access?
>> > OR are u under the acct..
>> > Enjoy
>> > Patrick

---

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9ycmlzcw==?=

An error has occurred (0x80070005).

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Which error message do you get ?
>

> Juan T. Llibre
> ASP.NET MVP
> ===========
> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm getting the same issue when running aspnet_regiis -c. Any one from MS
> > out
> > there to help?
> >
> > "JStemper" wrote:

> >> I'm not sure what you're asking. Which directories/site/etc.. does ASPNET
> >> need access to?
> >>
> >> The site runs fine, except for not having the correct validation jscript
> >> files.
> >>
> >> When I run the ASPNET_regiis app I am logged in as the administrator or a
> >> member of the administrator group.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the help.
> >> John

> ---

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Jorriss.

Try this If you're using .NET Framework 1.1 :

Find the "system_web" directory under wwwroot.
Under it, you should find a directory named "1_1_4322".
Delete it.
Run apsnet_regiis -ea from
drive:\windowsdirectory\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1 .1.4322
That should kill all old 1.1.4322 scripts.

Then, run aspnet_regiis -c
That should re-install the 1_1_4322 directory and client scripts.

Let us know how you do.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
"Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> An error has occurred (0x80070005).
> You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> tool.
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
>
>> Which error message do you get ?
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> ===========
>> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > I'm getting the same issue when running aspnet_regiis -c. Any one from
>> > MS
>> > out
>> > there to help?

---

Juan T. Llibre

Forgot to add...

Make sure the [Web Root]\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322\*.js
files are NOT read-only BEFORE running the aspnet_regiis -ea
and the aspnet_regiis -c commands.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Jorriss.
>
> Try this If you're using .NET Framework 1.1 :
>
> Find the "system_web" directory under wwwroot.
> Under it, you should find a directory named "1_1_4322".
> Delete it.
> Run apsnet_regiis -ea from
> drive:\windowsdirectory\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1 .1.4322
> That should kill all old 1.1.4322 scripts.
>
> Then, run aspnet_regiis -c
> That should re-install the 1_1_4322 directory and client scripts.
>
> Let us know how you do.
>

> Juan T. Llibre
> ASP.NET MVP
> ===========
> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> An error has occurred (0x80070005).
>> You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
>> tool.
>>
>> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
>>
>>> Which error message do you get ?
>>>

>>> Juan T. Llibre
>>> ASP.NET MVP
>>> ===========
>>> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ---

---

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9ycmlzcw==?=

That was it. Thanks Juan for your help!

Jorriss

"Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

> Hi, Jorriss.
>
> Try this If you're using .NET Framework 1.1 :
>
> Find the "system_web" directory under wwwroot.
> Under it, you should find a directory named "1_1_4322".
> Delete it.
> Run apsnet_regiis -ea from
> drive:\windowsdirectory\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1 .1.4322
> That should kill all old 1.1.4322 scripts.
>
> Then, run aspnet_regiis -c
> That should re-install the 1_1_4322 directory and client scripts.
>
> Let us know how you do.
>

> Juan T. Llibre
> ASP.NET MVP
> ===========
> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > An error has occurred (0x80070005).
> > You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> > tool.
> >
> > "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
> >
> >> Which error message do you get ?
> >>

> >> Juan T. Llibre
> >> ASP.NET MVP
> >> ===========
> >> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ---

Juan T. Llibre

You're more than welcome.

Glad to have been of help!

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
===========
"Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That was it. Thanks Juan for your help!
>
> Jorriss
>
> "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jorriss.
>>
>> Try this If you're using .NET Framework 1.1 :
>>
>> Find the "system_web" directory under wwwroot.
>> Under it, you should find a directory named "1_1_4322".
>> Delete it.
>> Run apsnet_regiis -ea from
>> drive:\windowsdirectory\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1 .1.4322
>> That should kill all old 1.1.4322 scripts.
>>
>> Then, run aspnet_regiis -c
>> That should re-install the 1_1_4322 directory and client scripts.
>>
>> Let us know how you do.
>>

>> Juan T. Llibre
>> ASP.NET MVP
>> "Jorriss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > An error has occurred (0x80070005).
>> > You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run
>> > this
>> > tool.

>> ---

---