Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Looking for a simple Javascript Form please :)

Looking for a simple Javascript Form please :)

ryan

that will

make sure all fields are entered.
make sure age is between 3- 99
and make sure the email is valid

I had a decent search on google, nothing really comes up that is complete. I
am sure that it is out there somewhere?

thank you soooo much

ryan

Randy Webb

ryan said the following on 5/18/2006 7:55 AM:
> that will

What will? The Subject line should stand on it's own, as should the post
itself. Don't assume the reader can see both at the same time.

> make sure all fields are entered.
> make sure age is between 3- 99
> and make sure the email is valid
> I had a decent search on google, nothing really comes up that is complete. I
> am sure that it is out there somewhere?

You are not going to find a perfect complete example of that, you will
find an example of each part, then you will have to combine them. You
say you searched Google but did you search the group Archives of
comp.lang.javascript? It is there, I promise.

--
Randy

ryan

i thought it would be such a common form that i would stumble across one.

thanks for the info
i'll keep looking

regards,
ryan

"Randy Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> ryan said the following on 5/18/2006 7:55 AM:
>> that will

> What will? The Subject line should stand on it's own, as should the post
> itself. Don't assume the reader can see both at the same time.
>
>> make sure all fields are entered.
>> make sure age is between 3- 99
>> and make sure the email is valid
>> I had a decent search on google, nothing really comes up that is
>> complete. I am sure that it is out there somewhere?

> You are not going to find a perfect complete example of that, you will
> find an example of each part, then you will have to combine them. You say
> you searched Google but did you search the group Archives of
> comp.lang.javascript? It is there, I promise.
>
> --
> Randy
> Javascript Best Practices -
> http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/

ryan

this is pretty much what im after.

any ideas why it doesnt popup with errors?

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/JavaScrip...-JavaScript/1/

thanks again

Richard Cornford

ryan wrote:
<snip>
> make sure age is between 3- 99

<snip>

What is it that applies to a 99 year old that does not apply to a 100
year old?

Richard.

Randy Webb

ryan said the following on 5/18/2006 8:31 AM:

Please quote what you are replying to.

"Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at
the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the
article headers.

> this is pretty much what im after.

What is?

> any ideas why it doesnt popup with errors?
>
> http://www.devshed.com/c/a/JavaScrip...-JavaScript/1/

Maybe there aren't any errors to "popup"?

That script is poorly written, but that aside, do you have it in a test
page somewhere online? Post a URL to your page that isn't working properly.

Also, you may want to read the two references in my signature.

--
Randy

Randy Webb

Richard Cornford said the following on 5/18/2006 8:34 AM:
> ryan wrote:
> <snip>
>> make sure age is between 3- 99

> <snip>
>
> What is it that applies to a 99 year old that does not apply to a 100
> year old?

100th Birthday Party planning?

--
Randy

Richard Cornford

Randy Webb wrote:
> Richard Cornford said the following on 5/18/2006 8:34 AM:
> > ryan wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> make sure age is between 3- 99

> > <snip>
> >
> > What is it that applies to a 99 year old that does not apply to a 100
> > year old?

> 100th Birthday Party planning?

Starting to plan a 100th birthday from the age of 3 seems a little
optemistic.

Richard.

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <446c609c$0$25132$(E-Mail Removed)> , dated
Thu, 18 May 2006 21:55:15 remote, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript,
ryan <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :

Only the naive assume that the Subject line is necessarily readily
readable while the body of an article is being read. Read the newsgroup
FAQ, via sig.

>that will
>
>make sure all fields are entered.
>make sure age is between 3- 99
>and make sure the email is valid
>

>I had a decent search on google, nothing really comes up that is complete. I
>am sure that it is out there somewhere?

Read <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-valid.htm>.

An E-mail address can be tested for compliance with applicable format
standards, but there's no way of checking that it will be deliverable.

My ISP's news system does not believe in news:alt.comp.lang.javascript .