Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > acess denied "doc = this.IFrame.contentWindow.document;"

acess denied "doc = this.IFrame.contentWindow.document;"

gslim@blizzardice.com

I am trying to implement the busybox sample from
// From Mark Wagner
// http://blogs.crsw.com/mark/articles/642.aspx

When I get to this line I get an access denied error. Could someone
give me an idea why this might be?

Here is the entire function

CODE::

BusyBox.prototype.GetIFrameDocument = function()
{
var doc;

if( this.IFrame.contentDocument )
// For NS6
doc = this.IFrame.contentDocument;
else if( this.IFrame.contentWindow )
// For IE5.5 and IE6
doc = this.IFrame.contentWindow.document; // ERROR HERE
else if( this.IFrame.document )
// For IE5
doc = this.IFrame.document;
else
// TODO: Confirm this should be the default
doc = this.IFrame.document;

return doc;
}

END CODE::

VK

> I am trying to implement the busybox sample from
> // From Mark Wagner
> // http://blogs.crsw.com/mark/articles/642.aspx
>
> When I get to this line I get an access denied error. Could someone
> give me an idea why this might be?

Cross-domain security. All pages have to be from the same domain where
"the same domain" means that the part "http://www.bogus.com" is
identical. The differences can start only after ".com"