Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Javascript instead of flash

Javascript instead of flash

balakrishnan.dinesh@gmail.com

Hi all,
I want to add some good attraction to my web pages, Like
Flash etc,
But if include flash file means it will take much time to load the
page, and server also gets slow. So Instead of using flash,I need the
same effect of flash through javascript coding, is that possible?
If that possible, where can i refer for that.

If u have any other idea on presenting a good webpage,tel me

And tel me what are all should be present in that webpage to
attract the end users

If u suggest me, it wil be very useful for me.

Thank
u....................

petermichaux@gmail.com

> Hi all,
> I want to add some good attraction to my web pages, Like
> Flash etc,
> But if include flash file means it will take much time to load the
> page, and server also gets slow. So Instead of using flash,I need the
> same effect of flash through javascript coding, is that possible?

Probably not. Flash can do many things.

Check out the yahoo ui animation library

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/index.html

or maybe even scriptaculous even though it is considered buggy by some

http://script.aculo.us

Peter

cwdjrxyz

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to add some good attraction to my web pages, Like
> Flash etc,
> But if include flash file means it will take much time to load the
> page, and server also gets slow. So Instead of using flash,I need the
> same effect of flash through javascript coding, is that possible?
> If that possible, where can i refer for that.

With only javascript, you can move things around in various ways. Look
up DHTML sites on Google for ideas. These effects are not used as much
as once because of flash, etc, and some people dislike them, especially
for pages for which a viewer visits often. You might also consider
animated gifs that you can build using an animation image program, but
there are some who dislike these, especially if they are large and
flashy.

> If u have any other idea on presenting a good webpage,tel me

I would say that the best thing you can do is have good page layout
with text that is fairly large and easy to read. Also you should
validate your code. Also, if you can, check your page on several common
browsers and at more than one screen width. Instead of having too much
clutter on a single page, use links to other pages. And consider your
intended audience. A web page aimed at young children might have a
considerably different style from one aimed at adults, for example.
Also consider how the page will function if the viewing browser has
script turned off, has no flash support, has animation turned off, etc.
Can your intended message still get through without gross distortion of
the page?

Aaron Gray

> If u suggest me, it wil be very useful for me.

The only thing I can think of is Walter Zorn's JavaScript Graphics library
:-

http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

You maybe be able to do basic animation with that. But bare in mind every
point is a <div> !!!

Aaron